Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WOW - Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky & my LOVE of Masks & Templates continues...!


Hello! It's Charmane here with you again on this lovely Wednesday...
and today I thought I would share my continuous obsession with my LOVE of 
masks/templates/stencils...
this time I wanted to showcase this one
You can purchase the

Studio Calico Sundrifter - 

Huey's Mask 8x8 - 2 Step Stencil


I've created TWO new layouts using this stencil today... 
although I've really given it a workout already...
As you can see from the photo above!!! 

OK, so this is how I use the stencil...
I smear modelling paste with a spatula 
... going over the edges so that it looks like this when you peel it off...
I've then grabbed a heat gun to dry it quickly 
{so that I can keep on going!} 
Usually I would sew with my sewing machine last, but have found it is better to machine sew before the next step... which is...

giving a few sprays of Mister Huey's White Mist...
{you can grab some HERE}


I grab the heat gun again to dry it out as much as possible...


And this is how I create my background for this layout using the fabulous kit!

SFS Designer Kit - Fancy Pants Happy Go Lucky - DT Kit Nov

Grab it HERE!

Click on the images for a closer look...

I just love all of the "bits" in this kit!

The alpha stickers are perfect for long titles or quotes, you can mix it up a bit.

The tags, tickets, ephemera, brag pad and stickers... oh and the buttons and chipboard too! 

ALL perfect to layer & mix & cluster - everything that I love on a layout!

It's absolutely chockers!!!

The other layout I have created today was this one...

This time I have used Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spritz {which dries very quickly!}...

Grab yours HERE  & there's more in the What's NEW Section too!

and then I have smeared modelling paste 

over the stencil

I've used a heat gun again to dry the modelling paste quickly...

this time I have outlined the stencil circles roughly with black pen..

I have used some twine to create a flag banner using the Fancy Pants Flag stickers from the kit...

 

..

I hope I've inspired you with both using templates/masks and also to grab one of these gorgeous kits!!! I am in the middle of another layout using bits from the kit...

 I wonder what this could be for???

Happy Scrapping Everyone!

xo Charm

No comments:

Post a Comment