Thursday, November 14, 2013

A quick step by step with Kel.....

Hello there Scrappers,

It's Kel here to share a step by step layout for you. I kept the design very basic so once you have your supplies and photo sorted, this page should not take you more than half an hour.

First, cut yourself a circle. I have just used a bowl which is approx. 6 inches wide. Trace on opposite side so you won't see the pencil marks.


Next, attach circle to your background paper, 3/4 of an inch from the left hand side, in the middle. Use another piece of patterned paper to cut a piece of paper 2 inches wide and 9.75 inches long. Snip the ends into a banner and attach over your circle.


Now, to give the page a horizontal element I have added a sticker along the bottom of the circle. You could also use a thin paper strip or washi tape. This sticker is 8.5 inches.


Now to add another layer I have used a strip of green washi tape over the banner.


Next I have matted my photo which is a 6 x 4 landscape..(do not attach photo to page yet.)


Grab a doily or small circular element and add under the top right hand side of the photo.


Now it's time to embellish... I have added a chipboard piece to the top right hand side and the bottom left of the photo to balance the page.


Now to add movement and give a little extra detail I have used a mask to add some stars around my page. You could also use mist splatters.



Lastly, I have added my title, then added journalling strips to the left of the photo...and you are FINISHED!!


So why not give it a go...a very quick way to get one more of your memories down on paper. Would love to see what you come up with :)

Cheers 
Kellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment