Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Embossing with Mists, Masks, Paint & Modelling Paste...



Hi guys! My turn to WOW you - Charm here!

Well, if you have seen some recent layouts of mine, you will see that I have been rediscovered my love for Embossing with Paint & Modelling Paste...

My layout for this month's Colour Challenge has used this technique...

Basically all you need is:

a Mask/template - you can find PLENTY in the SFS shop HERE
Paint or Mists - which can be found HERE
Modelling Paste
Embossing Powder and a Heat Gun

 as you can see below it gives a nice 3D glossy look...


First of all you need to work out which colour you would like to use on your layout, with the layout above and below it was BLACK - and all I did was mix it with modelling paste.

Using a spatula I have smeared the paint/modelling paste mixture over the top of the Splatter Mask I have used, I have then sprinkled a layer of embossing powder over the top - shook off the excess, then grabbed my heat gun and not only dried the paint/modelling mixture but created the glossy effect at the same time... BUT I have worked in stages working my way around the layout or else it would have been MESSY!!!






 Here are a couple of other layouts I have created using the same technique but just with Mists and Embossing Powder...


 

Here's a sneak of an upcoming layout below...
 
 using a spray of paint, then embossing powder...

 this one using the HS Heart Mask...

and these closeups below are layouts using different types of Masks with Paint/Modelling Paste and Embossing Powder...



I hope I've inspired you to try something different and get out your Embossing Powder, Paint, Masks and Modelling Paste!

Please share your creations with us here by posting a link in the comments section below - we would love to see what you create - and why not give the October SFS Scrappy challenges at the same time??

Happy Scrapping Ladies!
xo Charm



3 comments:

  1. I gave this a try recently and I love it. Thanks for showing us this awesome technique.

    ReplyDelete