Thursday, September 26, 2013

Step by Step - Using Glitz Designs Wild & Free Kit...


Hello Everyone!

I am very excited to be sharing with you the step-by-step of a layout I created using this gorgeous funky fun kit...



Glitz Designs Wild & Free

Here is the layout I created....

 

First of all I was inspired by the paper - what I have done is cut out the weaved centre of the dream-catcher, and then stuck the photo behind it.

I have kept the leftover piece, turning it over and sticking it to the right hand side of the paper - this is my "journalling spot." I didn't attach it until after I stuck down the quote...

 The quote I chose was based on the "dream" theme, which matches in with the layout, I have then started the quote from the end working my way backwards, so that I know I have room for the whole thing, seeing as it is a rather long quote...


What I love about this kit is that it has a great mixture of alphabet stickers, so thought I would mix them up when creating the quote... afterwards I have added the extra embellishments and doodled around the edges roughly to make them stand out more...


When creating with a kit, I am always inspired by looking at the Embellishments in the kits and see how I can create something myself that can tie in with the page...

I saw the little arrow heads and stars and decided to stick them randomly on the page like so - pointing the arrow heads towards the journalling semi-circle...


I have doodled arrow tails and around the edges of the stars...


Firstly, I used a ruler and measured approximately 4cm


and then doodled the "feathers" starting from the end working my way in...

To finish off the page I have also given a bit of definition to the Dream-Catcher feathers to highlight them a bit more and tie the whole page together...


I have been having a lot of fun with this kit, and created a few more layouts, including this one which is for Anita's September Sketch Challenge, you can see the sketch along with our two other September Challenges HERE!


Wow! You have all bought this kit before I had to show you what I have done with it!


xo Charm

1 comment:

  1. Awesome page, love love love it!
    Also the bright and gorgeous colours you used for the sketch.
    And I did your challenge this morning :-)

    ReplyDelete